DUMPLING BOWLS WITH VEAGAN WITH QUICK PICKLED ALMOND,RADISHES & MISO SAUCE

I’m already big fan of semi-homemade vegan recipes—those concoctions that rely halfway on all of the great plant-based products that are available these days, and halfway on homemade touches. With New York suspended in a heatwave, and my desire to cook already relatively low, I’m more partial than ever to these kinds of meals. This vegan dumpling bowl with quick pickled radishes & almond miso sauce is a new favorite option.
Dumpling bowls! How has it taken me so long to find my way to this idea? My homemade bowls always have at least one source of complex carbs/starchy things, usually grains or pasta or potato. Dumplingsare another great option, and these particular dumplings have the added bonus of plant protein.
These are Nasoya’s organic, vegan tofu vegetable dumplings, which are brand new. Part of why the dumpling idea hadn’t occurred to me until now is that I haven’t had a great, go-to, store-bought vegan dumpling option! Most options are sold frozen, but Nasoya’s are fresh, ready-to-cook and take only a few minutes to prepare; you can pan fry, steam or boil them, depending on your tastes.
The tofu vegetable flavor, which is featured here, includes mushrooms, scallions, and tamari. It’s mild enough that you can pair it with a bold sauce, but flavorful enough that the vegetables and seasonings are definitely detectable. The brand has also released a Thai basil flavor, which I’m excited to try next.
The dumplings need only three minutes of boiling (my preferred preparation method) before they’re ready to go, and I was happy to find that they held their shape nicely when cooking (I’ve had some chronic bad luck with vegan raviolis). If you boil them, I recommend using a slotted spoon to remove them from water, rather than pouring them into a colander to drain them, since they’re more delicate than pasta or noodles 😉
The super firm tofu makes for a tender, but substantial filling, and it adds both protein and calcium to the product. I kept the rest of these bowls simple and as hands-off as possible: raw veggies, quick pickled radishes for a tart, zippy bite, and a tasty almond miso sauce that’s adapted from the spicy miso dressing in Power Plates (a favorite of mine). The dumplings are flavorful and satisfying, and they play nicely with some otherwise fresh and crispy accompaniments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7th Week Pregnancy - Symptoms, Baby Development, Tips And Body Changes

BENEFITS OF NEEM OIL

PLAYING CHESS AND ITS EFFECT ON BRAIN